Art is a significant factor in promoting the mental, physical, and emotional growth of all children. The Art program at HAFTR High School has evolved in response to the needs and interests of today’s students. The educational success of our student body depends on creating a society that is both literate and imaginative, both competent and creative.
We promote visual, artistic and creative competency by guiding our students to:
- Understand and apply visual arts media, techniques and process
- Use knowledge of visual arts structures and functions
- Choose and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols and ideas
- Understand the visual arts in relation to history and cultures
- Reflect upon and assess the characteristics and merits of their work and the work of others
- Make connections between visual arts and other disciplines
The Studio Art component provides a unique and comprehensive art experience. It consists of unified presentations in a studio setting with a variety of materials, media and techniques to allow for the expression of the students’ concepts, perceptions and intuitions. The art curriculum will be designed to meet the needs of the serious art student in preparation for portfolio requirements.
Studio Art I/Drawing
Studio Art II/Painting
Studio III/Portfolio Development
AP Art & Design: Drawing
AP Art & Design: AP 2-D Art